Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy International Woman's Day!!!!

Oh, how I wish that I would be able to stay at home with my daughter all day and be a stay at home mom.  But I guess we all want what we don’t have and what we have others wish they had. Today is international woman’s day and I was thinking how there are many that think being a homemaker is the easiest job in the world.  I thought about this because, when  you go somewhere and they ask where you work and you answer, oh I don’t I stay at home.  Mostly everyone’s reply is,  “lucky I wish I could stay home”.  Personally, I don’t see how you can call that lucky to “not have to work”. I would love the opportunity to be able to stay home and do all kinds of things with my daughter, instead of being stuck at work for 8 hrs then only spending a couple of hrs with her before going to bed.  But that doesn’t imply at all that I would stay home and do nothing. Being a homemaker is the  hardest, most demanding job work one can have and you are on call 24/7. I loved that my mom was able to stay at home with all of us and not have to go out and work, because that gave her more time to pay attention to us, she had breakfast, lunch and dinner ready for us everyday. We had clean clothes to wear, our house was never messy and most of all she had to be there when we needed her.  So even though it is hard work and you are never on break,  I would do anything to be home with my kids and give them all that attention that I received from a great woman.  And if I were ever asked what you do, I would say: I am a mom, wife, cook,  doctor, counselor,  secretary, hairdresser, maintenance person, coordinator,  life coach etc.

1 comment:

  1. You are right; being a homemaker is very demanding. I wish I could say that I am just as you described your mom, but I am far from it. I left my full-time job that I had for thirteen years in June 2010. I left so that I could attend Texas Wesleyan full-time. It has been quite an adjustment for me since then. I think I am just as if not busier than I was when I worked. I started back to school full-time in the fall of 2010, while I was still working 40+ hours a week. I have not slowed down since then.

    I love being home with my kids when we are actually home. They keep me busy running from one activity to another all the time. I am definitely looking forward to being out of school this week so that we can all have a break for a few days. I hope that you will have some time to spend with your daughter since you are out too.

    ReplyDelete